Learn more about the Illinois Retired Officer Concealed Carry (IROCC) and see the Guidelines for Qualifications of Retired Law Enforcement Officers
We strive to have a range within one hour drive from anywhere in the state. Click here to see a location near you
Applications and Procedures
See the Application Process, Photo Requirements, New Application Form, Renewal Application Form, Process instructions
The IROCC office will be closed Friday, July 3rd.
Happy Independence Day!
Please read the following information.
Changes have been made to the qualification shoot procedures.
• A face mask must be worn. You will not be allowed to qualify if you are not wearing one. Please bring your own. Masks will not be provided.
• You will be allowed to wear gloves while you qualify. Please bring your own gloves, as they will not be provided.
• You must bring your own eye and ear protection. There will not be any available to rent or borrow.
• We are making every effort to provide hand sanitizer at all qualification shoots, however, please bring your own.
• All qualification shoots will be following social distancing guidelines. The number of participants at each shoot will be limited to provide the appropriate distance between attendees and range personnel.
• DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY. Please arrive only at your scheduled time. Also, you will not be allowed to congregate and socialize before or after your scheduled time.
IROCC is a program of the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board. The IROCC office issues firearm qualification cards for two specific entities.
Qualified Retired Law Enforcement Officers
The primary qualification document issued by the IROCC office is for retired law enforcement officers. This document is issued under Federal H.R. 218 “Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004,” and improvements, and Illinois Public Act 094-0103.
Illinois Department of Corrections Parole Agents and Supervisors
The IROCC office also issues a document for active duty Illinois parole agents called the Illinois Parole Agent Concealed Carry card, or IPACC. This permit is issued under Illinois Public Act 096-0230. For information pertaining to the IPACC card please see the specific IPACC page. It can be found here.